Responding to letters of complaint
Mistakes happen. Even organisations with the highest standards of client care will sometimes fall short of their targets. Responding to complaints promptly and effectively is vitally important. Make sure your staff know how to write responses courteously, consistently and in a way that enhances your reputation.
This course is designed to help professionals write high quality articles that make an impact.
As a result of attending the course, you will be able to:
- demonstrate that you understand the complainant’s feelings
- use techniques for writing clearly, accurately and efficiently
- ensure that your writing suits your reader
- plan and structure documents before writing them
- recognise the importance of quick responses and clear timescales
- let the customer know that you care
- diffuse the situation, not escalate it
- give firm and clear answers to the complaints
- know how to write persuasively and set the right tone
- review your own work effectively
- use complaints to improve future service
- exceed customer expectations